Conference Day One
Tuesday, September 24th, 2019
2:15 PM INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION GROUPS
Now is your chance to tackle legal AI’s most pressing themes head on. Choose two tables and spend 30 minutes on each, discussing these themes with your peers. The session will conclude with a round-up from all tables to evaluate all points raised and lessons learned.
- IDG A: How will AI impact on staffing and what will the AI-enabled legal service team of the future look like?
- IDG B: Is it better to invest in external AI solutions or develop in-house technology development and technology incubation to build your own solutions?
- IDG C: For which processes does AI show the most promise within the context of independent law firms?
- IDG D: What happens when AI goes wrong? How much can and should you entrust to a computer?
3:45 PM PANEL DISCUSSION: TACKLING THE IMPENDING ‘DEATH’ OF THE BILLABLE HOUR: HOW WILL THE SECTOR NEED TO CHANGE?
- Overview of the US picture where General Counsels are forcing change from the billable hour
- Discussing proposals for new pricing models in a world without the billable hour, and alternative ways of measuring value
- How would the end of the billable hour change the way the legal profession operates? Which companies would survive, and who stands poised to thrive in the new era?
- What will happen to junior staff if AI really takes off, and what can they do about it?