Head of Information Governance and Departmental Records Officer
Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS)
12:00 PM INSIGHTFUL DATA - EXTRACTING THE TRUE VALUE OF DATA: ARE WE ASKING THE RIGHT QUESTIONS AND DO WE NEED A DATA ANALYTICS STRATEGY?
Legal tech innovations for data analytics are mostly commonly developed within the admin functions of a business – think time recording, revenue, costs and effectiveness, those areas viewed as directly impacting on the bottom line. However data in the hands of the lawyer can be viewed as a real opportunity, whether that be through identifying risks, spotting trends and helping us create smarter, better business outcomes. How we then interpret this data, communicate it to the wider business and extract meaning from it all starts with cutting through the jargon and identifying the REAL challenges and questions we need answers to. In this panel session, we explore the opinions of a select range of GC’s, offering their views on where to start, what should we be asking, and how we can use AI tools to build value for the business. Such topics for debate include:
- What skills do we need to embrace innovation and technology?
- What should we be prioritising and what should we be expecting?
- Do existing solutions answer the challenges, or are they creating more problems?
- How willing are we to embrace technology and rethink processes?
- Are we too risk averse, or do we need to take a leap of faith to progress?
- What are the issues preventing us from maximising technology and being innovative?